We need your hugs! You’ll find more than a job at Great Lakes Christian Homes, an affiliate of Greencroft Communities. It’s a place where connections are forged with our wonderful seniors and amazing staff. Work here, for the best of your life!
Great Lakes Christian Homes has been part of the community for many years and we’re known for our strong faith based values. We can’t wait to meet you!
E-mail HR@greatlakesch.org for more information.
Offering the best perks!
- Sign-on bonus
- Smart Small Dollar Loans
- Discounted Ticket Program
- Discounted Fitness Membership
- ReadyPay Today (Daily Pay Program)
Activities Assistant | Part Time (Days)Apply Now
Activities Assistant will be responsible for promotion of daily and on-going activities for residents that meet emotional, physical, and spiritual needs of residents.
- Keep abreast of current federal & state regulations
- Perform administrative requirements (reports, forms, etc.)
- Participate in community planning related to the facility
- Encourage all residents to participate in activities
- Perform delegated functions directed by Director of Recreational Services
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent desirable but not required
- Specialized training or experience in gerontology desirable
- Basic computer skill required
- Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing
- 16-20 hours per week
- 403(b) with employer match
- Free meal with each shift
- Other benefits dependent upon total hours
- Paid Time Off
- Voluntary Life Insurance
For more information contact Kelly at 517-694-3700.
Dietary Aide | Part Time (Days)Apply Now
A Dietary Aide is responsible to provide assistance in all dietary functions as directed or instructed and in accordance with federal and state regulations and standards and the policies and procedures of Great Lakes Christian Homes.
- Assist in serving meals by delivering meals to residents in the dining room or their apartment.
- Complete kitchen and dining room cleaning assignments according to the cleaning schedule or as directed.
- Carry soiled utensils, plates, etc. to wash area. Wash and clean utensils/dishware as directed. Return clean dishware and utensils to proper storage areas.
- Carry out garbage and keep work areas clean, dry and free of hazardous equipment, supplies, etc.
- Set up food cards, dining room, etc. as directed.
- Perform dishwashing procedures. Assure utensils, etc. are readily available for the next meal.
- Assist cook in meal preparation and other dietary services tasks as directed.
- Serve food in accordance with established portion control procedures.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of personalities in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Special interest in older adults and the aging population.
- Ability to use standard equipment used for dietary services.
- Frequent reaching, kneeling, standing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling required.
- Requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally and up to 10 pounds frequently.
- Some Weekends and Holidays required.
- Daytime hours, possibly starting as early as 8:00 a.m. and ending no later than 4 :00 p.m.
- Starting wage $10.29 per hour; increased with prior experience
- Voluntary Life
- 403(b) with employer match
- PTO program
- Additional Benefits available
What's in it for you?
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Program
- Employee Paid Critical Illness
- Life Insurance with Voluntary Options
- Flexible Spending Account (Medical and Child Care)
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan with Generous Employer Contribution
- Meal Discounts
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Bi-weekly Payroll/Direct Deposit
- Verizon Wireless Discount
- Sign on Bonus
- CNA Certification (Training Provided by Greencroft)
- Leadership Development
- Ongoing Education/Certification
- Career Progression
- Education Assistance Program
“I love working with the residents! They appreciate all we do, so it's rewarding for me to make their day brighter. It's a lot of fun.”
Gina Recreational Services Supervisor