Golden Years team members dressed in blue for the CROFT Value of Fairness during CROFT Values Week. The CROFT Values we live out each day are: Creativity, Respect, Openness, Fairness and Teamwork.
We need your hugs! You’ll find more than a job at Golden Years Homestead, an affiliate of Greencroft Communities. It’s a place where connections are forged between our residents and amazing team members. Work here, for the best of your life!
Golden Years has been part of the New Haven and Ft. Wayne community for over 40 years. Our reputation is based on Christian values and service to those who live on campus. Consider a career with us! We can’t wait to meet you!
Offering the best perks!
- ReadyPay Today (Daily Pay Program)
- Smart Small Dollar Loans
- Discounted Ticket Program
Café Coordinator (part time) | Part Time (Days)Apply Now
Café Coordinator (part time)
Golden Years Homestead seeks a Cafe Coordinator to work in our Arbor Café. The Arbor Café is located inside our clean, modern, exclusively geriatric healthcare building. The Café serves a place where employees and residents can shop for a light snack, beverage, or a full meal. The Café Manager organizes daily operations and provides great customer service to our staff, residents and guests.
Café Coordinator responsibilities include scheduling shifts, supervising café workers, monitoring daily expenses and revenues, shopping and ordering supplies. To be successful in this role you should have work experience in various food service roles. Must be available to work during opening hours, which includes some weekends and holidays.
Ultimately, we need someone to take ownership of the café and enjoys trying new ideas to grow the café business for our staff, residents and guests. Everyday can be fun and fulfilling as the Café Coordinator at the Arbor Café.
· Manage day-to-day operations of the café
· Train employees on food preparation and proper use of equipment
· Coordinate with vendors and order supplies, e.g. weekly shopping
· Maintain updated records of daily, weekly and monthly revenues and expenses
· Add new menu items based on seasonality and customers’ preferences
· Advise staff on the best ways to resolve issues with customers and deliver excellent customer service
· Ensure all café areas are clean and tidy
· Nurture friendly relationships with customers to increase loyalty
- Experience in residential services for the elderly desirable, but not required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent desirable, but not required.
- Basic computer skill required.
- Cash handling experience required.
- Basic knowledge of cash registers and credit card machines.
Schedule of Café Operations (Manager will work max of 30 hours/wk)
- Monday through Friday 9:00 - 4:00
- Weekends 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Hours subject to change at supervisor discretion
- Voluntary Life
- 403(b) with employer match
- PTO program
- Additional Benefits available
Contact Kathy Retzios, Director of Recreational Services at 260-749-9655 *123 for more details.
Cook | Part Time (Days)Apply Now
Are you looking for a rewarding career making a difference in the lives of others?
Golden Years is a premier long term care facility where we take pride in the small, home-like communities that make it feel like home. We need a full time cook to make nutritious meals that add joy to the lives of our residents.
Cooks safely prepare meals for about 100 residents of various type of prescribed diets and textures, according to state and federal guidelines.
- 4:30a – 1:30p
- Four days during the week, plus every other weekend (80 hours per biweekly pay period)
Job Requirements / Qualifications:
- Dietary Cook (congregate living settings): 1 year
- Pay range from $14-17/hour based on experience
- Daily Pay Option
- 403(b) with employer match
- PTO for vacations, sick, and holidays
- Life insurance
Contact Eva Rundel, Hiring Manager at 260-749-9655 for more information
LPN/RN | Full Time (Days)Apply Now
Golden Years Homestead is a Christian-based facility looking for nurses (LPN or RN). The nurse is responsible for providing direct nursing care to the residents, and to supervise the day-to-day nursing activities performed by nursing assistants of the Golden Years Homestead (GYH) campus. Such supervision must be in accordance with federal and state regulations and standards and the policies and procedures of GYH and as required by the Director of Nursing Services, Assistant Director, or Community Nurse Leader.
We prefer 12-hour shifts (7a-7p, or 7p-7a), but we do have some 8-hour shifts available as well.
Competitive wages with shift and weekend differentials.
Job Requirements / Qualifications
- Provide support to Resident Care Specialist/CNAs with resident care and charting.
- Currently licensed as LPN or RN in the state of Indiana.
- Requires the ability to lift up to 80 pounds occasionally and 60 pounds frequently.
- Experience in geriatrics preferred.
If you are looking for wonderful, team oriented facility with great staff to resident ratios, apply online or call 260-748-6422 to schedule an interview with Shona Kirkpatrick, ADON. Golden Years Homestead is located at 3136 Goeglein Road, Fort Wayne IN 46815.
Maintenance Tech | Full Time (Days)Apply Now
You love to build and repair stuff. People come to you to get stuff done because you come up with creative solutions and you are skilled in fixing things to restore order and function. Come work for people who depend on your creativity and skill to keep their homes comfortable and safe: the residents at Golden Years Homestead.
To maintain the grounds, facility, equipment in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations, our established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by your supervisor, to assure that a successful maintenance program is maintained at all times.
- Receive and follow maintenance schedule/instructions from your supervisor.
- Perform routine maintenance and repair on the facility and equipment including plumbing, plastering, electrical, carpentry, mechanical, etc., in accordance with established procedures.
- Assist in removing snow from all walks and driveways around apartments, Villas and buildings of Golden Years
- Perform unscheduled maintenance tasks as directed.
Education & Experience
- High school graduate or equivalent
Skills and Requirements
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of personalities in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Ability to use hand and power tools, lawn equipment, telephone, cell phone, radio, computer, and other communication devices.
Hours Per Week:
- 40 hours per week
- Monday – Friday, days; rotating on call once/month
- Medical, dental, and vision available at 90 days
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan (company matching)
- Biweekly pay with daily pay option
Apply online (WorkAtGoldenYears.org) or in person at:
Golden Years Homestead
3136 Goeglein Road
Fort Wayne IN 46815
Contact Brandon Wiseman, Director of Maintenance, at 260-748-6412 for more information.
Social Services Assistant | Part Time (Days)Apply Now
Social Services Assistant
Golden Years has a rare opportunity to join the Social Services team. How do we know you'd be a great fit?
- You love working with elders (especially the ones who are a little cantankerous!) ??
- You do the right thing consistently, no matter who's watching. Integrity is your middle name.
- You can pivot from one task to the other with coffee in one hand, a notebook in the other, a smile on your face, and a song in your heart. ??
On a more serious note, successful candidates will possess these skills/strengths:
- Demonstrate patience and empathy for residents and their family members
- Provide a compassionate listening ear to residents who are struggling with physical, emotional, and/or social needs in our facility
- Work to resolve resident concerns quickly, cheerfully, and thoughtfully
- Serve as the central point of contact for family members who just need to know that their loved one is well cared for
- Work cooperatively and proactively with vendors who provide additional services (hospice, therapists, consultants, etc.)
- Professionally advocate for resident rights and tactfully assist resident family members in recognizing and respecting their loved one’s autonomy
- Document like a rock star… a rock star who has experience with care plans, assessments, admissions, and discharges
Possible occupational pitfalls may include:
- Developing and maintaining relationships with elders who will enrich your life in ways you never imagined
- Gaining cardiovascular fitness from walking throughout our building to peek in on activities keeping the residents active and engaged
- Being considered a hero to residents and their family members for being the calm anchor in their medical crisis.
The rest of the story:
- Schedule: Monday through Friday for a total of 30 hours/week
- Wage range $20-$23/hour; biweekly pay with daily pay options
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits available
- Retirement plan with company match
- Social Service Designee certification required (or Bachelor's in social work or related field)
To learn more, contact Amy Beck at 260-749-9655 *131 or at Amy.Beck@GoldenYearsHome.org. Our business office is located at 3136 Goeglein Road in Fort Wayne and is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. We look forward to meeting you!
What's in it for you?
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Program
- Employee Paid Critical Illness
- Life Insurance with Voluntary Options
- Flexible Spending Account (Medical and Child Care)
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan with Generous Employer Contribution
- Meal Discounts
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Bi-weekly Payroll/Direct Deposit
- Sign on Bonus
- CNA Certification (Training Provided by Greencroft)
- Leadership Development
- Ongoing Education/Certification
- Career Progression
- Education Assistance Program
“I’ve worked here for 3 years and this is a great place to work with great opportunities!”
“I've worked here 13 years and this is the best facility I've ever worked in. I've worked in several. This is the best!”
Tracy Certified Nursing Assistant
“My smile is so big because I love my job! Love the teamwork, positive atmosphere, and you feel respected and valued as an employee. I've never felt that before. This is the most positive environment I've ever experienced!”
Shelly LPN Community Nurse Leader
“I love working at Golden Years because it’s family oriented and everyone here works as a team and gets along! The residents are what make you want to come in every day. They are why you are here. It’s your home away from home!”
CROFT Values Week
Employee Benevolence Fund
Gina Martin believes in paying it forward. She received help when she needed it, and now she helps others whenever she can. Gina began working for Greencroft Goshen five years ago. During her tenure, she experienced some personal problems of her own, including financial hardships. Her manager helped her apply for a gift from the Employee Benevolence Fund. Each campus has its own fund, managed by the Greencroft Communities Foundation, and the process to apply is straightforward. To be eligible, an employee must have worked at their campus at least one year. They must be in good standing with no disciplinary actions or excessive absences. “I was so grateful,” Gina said. “It helped me climb out of a hole.”
Team Members Wheelchair Race
Who says work can't be fun? Check out the wheelchair races we had during "Golden Week." Even our VP, Steve, participated (but Dot left him in the dust)! We are so thankful for all of our employees and residents and all of the fun we have together!
Start your career as a Certified Nursing Assistant with us! You can look forward to enriching the lives of others by virtue of your compassion and responsiveness to help those with medical needs. A CNA is a vital asset to our caring Golden Years community.
As CNA, you would provide high quality daily care to our residents. This includes bathing, dressing, feeding, taking and recording vital signs, as well as helping residents with activities of daily living. Our team members become like family to our residents and vice versa!