LiteGait for Balance and Walking
Hamilton Grove is pleased to be the only provider in the area to offer this unique equipment. It is a useful device for training the mechanics of gait, whilst completely removing the risk of falling.
What is the LiteGait?
LiteGait® is a gait training device that simultaneously controls weight bearing, posture, and balance over a treadmill or over ground. It creates an ideal environment for people with a wide range of impairments and functional levels. LiteGait provides proper posture, reduces weight bearing, eliminates concerns for balance, and facilitates the training of coordinated lower extremity movement. Its unique harness design not only permits unilateral or bilateral support allowing progression of the weight bearing load from non to full weight bearing, but also allows the clinician to manually assist the legs and pelvis to achieve proper gait patterns.
Who can benefit from it?
People with lower limb weakness ranging from mild to severe. This covers a variety of neurological conditions including: Stroke, Multiple Sclerosis, Cerebral Palsy, acquired brain injury, spinal cord injury and Guillain-Barré Syndrome and many more.
LiteGait® allows the therapist at Hamilton Grove to:
- Control weight bearing and posture to correct asymmetric movement
- Prevent excessive forward lean
- Train symmetric gait patterns for patients with one sided body weakness
- Facilitate proper gait patterns
- Work on symmetry and weight shifting
- Train coordination without balance concerns
- Manually assist limb placement
- Facilitate proper hip alignment
- Provide efficient treatment
- Work on sit to stand, balance, and posture
- Safely lift patients to standing from chair or mat